Chicago editor, April 2012 – present
- Maintain all online content on the restaurant and bar site including blog posts, photography, guides, lists, features and videos.
Editorial assistant: June 2011 – October 2013
- Write restaurant previews, food and drink articles for the Chicago edition of the daily e-mail newsletter.
Redeye, Chicago, Ill.
Special contributor: July 2011 – February 2012
- Entertainment writer, columnist, and “Eat, Drink, Do” expert for Redeye, specializing in events, festivals, nightlife, dinning and drinking.
Lehigh University’s Office of International Affairs, Bethlehem, Pa.
Editorial intern: September 2010 – May 2011
- Wrote articles about campus events and faculty members reaching out to the global community.
The Morning Call, Allentown, Pa.
Lifestyle intern: September – December 2010
- Wrote “GoPick” event previews and features for the semiweekly arts and entertainment section.
Huston Film School, National University of Ireland, Galway
Research assistant: June – July 2009
- Researched the stories behind iconic photographs for director Rod Stoneman’s book.
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pa.
- B.A. journalism and English with a concentration in creative writing, minor in psychology
- Graduated with honors: May 2011
University College London, London, England
- Affiliate student in the department of English language and literature
- September 2009-June 2010
Highland Park High School, Highland Park, Ill.
- Graduated: June 2007
- Lifestyle, editorial pages and news editor, writer and columnist for The Brown and White
- University Productions secretary and arts & excursions committee director
- Sigma Tau Delta national English honors fraternity founding member at Lehigh University
- Proficient with Adobe InDeisgn, Photoshop and Lightroom, and DSLR cameras
- Courses in news writing, reporting, freelance, editing, publication design, photography and new media